[Ach] reverted 41091bb2c3fe5396d6c8d9261236068a12726f91

L. Aaron Kaplan kaplan at cert.at
Thu Dec 26 01:05:48 CET 2013

On Dec 26, 2013, at 12:35 AM, Aaron Zauner <azet at azet.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My fault. Sorry those comments/todo stanzas were not really clear to me.

No problem, no harm done. It is very good to see that people check the commits
and - well - it's a process :)

> On 25 Dec 2013, at 21:09, christian mock <cm at coretec.at> wrote:
>
>> someone didn't read the section they were breaking and put the
>> CIPHERSTRING macro in the openvpn section.
>>
>> this will not work for openvpn >= 2.3.1, so I reverted it.
>
> Ok.
>

> On 25 Dec 2013, at 21:43, L. Aaron Kaplan <kaplan at cert.at> wrote:
>

>> Same here....
>>
>> I reverted https://github.com/BetterCrypto/Applied-Crypto-Hardening/commit/d9d2c6e433508c56be7bdd7489d121b52b7a1ba7
>>
>> SQL server was referring to MS SQL Server. And yes, that's in frequent use.
>
> Yea MS SQL is in very frequently used (since a lot of other MS stuff depends on it). I’m totally fine to have it there but it should state ‘MSSQL’

ACK

> as it is refered to by people commonly and in programing APIs. I was under the impression that stanza was meant for a general introduction to SQL security/crypto. Which would be out of scope.

True, that would not make sense here.

> Thanks for clearing that up.
>
> We should comment out MSSQL anyways since we do not have any input on the matter yet.

Agreed. And move it to the "further research" section.

---
// L. Aaron Kaplan <kaplan at cert.at> - T: +43 1 5056416 78
// CERT Austria - http://www.cert.at/
// Eine Initiative der nic.at GmbH - http://www.nic.at/