[Ach] IRC

David Durvaux david.durvaux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 08:47:23 CET 2013

Hello,

Still checking the documentation of IRC ;).

I actually have 2 problems:

1) the original IRC implementation (IRCD-IRC2) doesn't even support SSL...
 It's completly "unsecure" regarding privacy, integrity...

2) there are a lot of IRC server implementation.  The features really vary
from one implementation to another one ;).

So, what do we do?

1) we take a few implementation and show how to configure correctly;

2) we pick up a reference implementation;

3) we drop IRC :-D.

I would go for 2) (with an alternative choice).

So, does someone can recommend a "good" implementation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Internet_Relay_Chat_daemons

Thanks

Kr,

David